Tuesday 11 January 2011

Catch-up

So we've been in Glossop for two and half years now and the time really has flown.  I'm not going to backtrack on absolutely everything that's happened but there's been plenty of significant moments.

Richard has been amazing and has had something of an impact here.  He's taken over the youth work and done loads more plus he loves working with our vicar who is pretty special really.  The clergy team has become cosier since the arrival of a new associate last autumn and church has gone from being the place we go to worship to becoming our church family.  I do think it takes a good few years to properly settle in though and I guess it'll be time for us to move on when we reach that place!

Joannah started school in September 2010, freeing me up hugely to preach and get involved with Alpha and the worship ministry.  The best bit though was seeing 3 of my friends become Christians.  It was so amazing to be part of that.  I discipled one of my friends in the spring over about 6 weeks.  I knew she was close so I had to take the bull by the horns with her.  She gave her life to Jesus at week 5 and was baptised a month later.  My other two friends were in our Alpha group in the autumn.  I'm so grateful to God for being able to lead them to Jesus.

In the autumn, I went to a leadership conference at Christchurch, Bridlington, an amazingly prophetic church that re-lit my fire, so to speak!  My struggles post Oxford are well and truly behind me and, right now, we're waiting to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment